INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
- What Kind of Prostate Cancer Do I Have? Epstein Develops a Less-Confusing System
- Active Surveillance: Good News for Men with Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Radical Prostatectomy with Two Robots
- Breakthrough in Prostate Cancer Imaging
- Charred Food Bad, Veggies Good for the Prostate
- Shorter Telomeres in Normal Cells Can Point to Prostate Cancer
- A "Double Whammy" for Detecting Prostate Cancer in African American Men
- Immunotherapy Plus Short-Term Hormonal Therapy: Promising Results
- Cryotherapy Plus Immunotherapy May Equal New Hope for Men with Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- What are Immune Checkpoints, and How Can We Block Them?
- Will I Get Prostate Cancer? New Study Calculates Genetic Risk
- Surviving Prostate Cancer: Good News for Radical Prostatectomy Patients
- MicroRNAs: Genes that May Make Radiation and Chemotherapy More Effective
- High-Grade PIN: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?
- For Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer: High-Dose Testosterone
- Boosting Testosterone Not Shown to Raise Prostate Cancer Risk
- For Men with Advanced Prostate Cancer: New Hopkins Test Can Tell if Some Drugs Won't Work
- Potential New Pathway to Kill Prostate Cancer
- Two Non-Cancerous Causes for Higher PSA
- New Tests Show Genetic Changes Linked to Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Could "Nerve-Sparing Brachytherapy" Help Preserve Sexual Function?
Prostate Cancer Metastasis: New Discoveries
Taking "AIM"at Invasive Cancer
THE PATRICK C. WALSH PROSTATE CANCER RESEARCH FUND — AWARDEES 2016
Read About the Research You have Helped Make Possible. THE PATRICK C. WALSH
DISCOVERY IN BLADDER CANCER
DISCOVERY IN KIDNEY CANCER
DISCOVERY IN TESTIS CANCER
"A triumph of storytelling and design."
–Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus, DDB Worldwide
Download the e-book FREE at: urology.jhu.edu/about/history/Brady100years
Currently available to the public in e-book format only, abridged Kindle edition coming soon.
THE BRADY: 100 YEARS
A History of the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins
By Patrick C. Walsh and Janet Farrar Worthington
Featuring 380 Richly Illustrated Pages
© 2015 The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute and Johns Hopkins Medicine
For a century, the Brady has been the world's leading urological institute. Read about our past, meet our scientists and faculty members, and join us as we look ahead to the next 100 years!
In this richly illustrated book, packed with stories that bring some of the greatest names in Urology to life, you'll learn:
- How James "Diamond Jim" Brady was cured of BPH and donated the money to start this institution.
- How Hugh Hampton Young, a brilliant innovator who designed and built many of his own surgical devices, became the Father of Modern Urology, transforming the field
into a major surgical specialty.
- How William Scott transformed the urology residency, allowing the Brady to produce some of the world's best surgeon-scientists.
- How Patrick Walsh revolutionized the surgical treatment of prostate cancer, changing the field of prostate cancer treatment and research forever.
- How Alan Partin continues the Brady's tradition of excellence today, as we look forward to our next 100 years!
Now available as an eBook and on Kindle!
Completely Updated 3rd Edition
With this book, you will learn answers to these and other important questions:
- Why do I need to have a baseline PSA at age 40? I thought it was age 50!
- If there is no magic PSA cutoff point, how can my cancer be diagnosed?
- What is the most up-to-date information on surgery and radiation therapy?
- Have there been any breakthrough treatments in the management of advanced disease?
Comprehensive, reassuring, and full of hope.
Available from Warner Wellness - www.hbgusa.com or call 800-759-0190